Reply to post: Re: hire a more reputable firm

From pen-test to penitentiary: Infosec duo cuffed after physically breaking into courthouse during IT security assessment

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

Re: hire a more reputable firm

You've never dealt with senior management, clearly.

A senior manager may have brought them in to prove that his implementation was sound to upper managerment. When he saw his arse he could have thrown the penntesters under the bus.

The senior management may not have had executive consent. Senior management is a fucking rat's nest of scum bags. They aren't there because they're the golden bunch, they're there because they're a liability on the front line.

There is no argument for the client being reasonable in this case. They are arseholes.

I deal directly with upper management / executives in my line of work as a matter of course for client communication purposes mainly to prevent any shenanigans. Specifically to keep them in the loop and to prevent any middle management bullshit from occurring.

Throwing a contractor / supplier under the bus is a classic permie jobsworth move.

If I can't keep someone with accountability in the loop, I ain't helping...I'm out of there.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon