Reply to post: Tag team action

Are you who you say you are, sir? You are? That's all fine then

Anonymous Custard
Mushroom

Tag team action

The bit that really irritates me is when you go through all the robotic stuff, entering account numbers and similar information via the phone keypad, get stuck in the hold queue for interminable times and then when a helldesk drone does pick up and start reading his/her script, the first things they request is most of the information you just keyed in...

And of course when (or rather if) things progress and you get transferred, after yet another earful of mind numbing noise you get the next higher support agent, whio then proceeds to ask you once again for the same damn information. I think my record is talking to 4 different people in one call, and having to recite the same stuff to each plus the initial robotics!

Best one of all was back in the day when our ISP rang us (returned our call request) due to an issue, and then decided to turn it into a sales call. But before they could do that, their script demanded that they verify we were the genuine account holders. So we were requested to supply answers to security questions. Which we of course refused to do, pointing out that it was them who had rung us, and indeed that it should be them supplying security answers to us to prove who they were and that this wasn't basically a phishing call...

Although to be fair the lady on the other end took it well, laughed and said that indeed we had a good point and would probably not be interested in the sales pitch anyway. In the end it came through via an email, and she was indeed correct...

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon