Reply to post: Re: But has

The wheels on the bus go round and... Oh dear. Chancellor Sajid Javid unveils spending review

Jellied Eel Silver badge

Re: But has

(reposted cos I was a lil slow with the last edit.)

I'm not sure you meant to type this, alternatively, I am finding it difficult to parse hospitals milk moly-cows that feed off molybdenum-99.

I guess that's where Dr Nicholl and 'some prick on the internet' have something in common. But to explain for someone who may be hard of thinking. A 'moly-cow' is a medical device used in radiology departments to produce technectium-99m from a molybdenum-99 source, aka milking it. The molybdenum source has a limited useful life (6 days, ish) and needs to be replaced regularly. And as the supply chain is rather fragile, contingency plans already exist in case of supply disruption.

In either case, the fact remains, we are going to experience disruptions to the smooth flow of traffic and goods across the various ports of the UK.

That isn't a fact, it's a supposition. Or perhaps a self-fulfilling prophesy if people decide to be actively obstructive. But for trade, there's no good reason to do that given suppliers want to get paid.

The requirement to fill in large numbers of complicated declarations resulting in tailbacks, as inevitably, people complete the declaration incorrectly.

Possible I suppose. So companies that have never imported/exported outside the EU may never have done that before, but it's all standard stuff based on WCO and GATT rules. And the WCO is based in bureaucracy central, aka 'Brussels', so not hard to seek advice. And of course HMCR and the Euroports are all used to dealing with global trade.

So to summarise your interpretation of Dr Nicholl's comments, you think people will die because bureaucrats can't fill out paperwork correctly?

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon