Reply to post: THey don't get it, do they?

Can't bear to part with that well-worn copy of Windows 7? Microsoft might let you keep it updated an extra year

bombastic bob Silver badge
Facepalm

THey don't get it, do they?

from the article (quoting a Kaspersky rep)

"The reasons behind the lag in updating OS vary depending on the software in place, which may be unable to run on the newest OS versions, to economic reasons and even down to comfortability of routinely using the same OS,"

*WRONG* (well not totally but missing the boat on most of it)

Reasons for NOT switching to Win-10-nic:

a) IT support costs [for businesses] - all those licenses, changing everything around - ok that's economic but it's only a small fraction of it all

b) *DOWNTIME* due to *FORCED UPDATES* on *THEIR SCHEDULE* (and not IT doing it overnight or on a weekend when it's convenient FOR THE BUSINESS)

c) re-training costs since "rules" changed between 7 and 10 for no damn good reason except "they felt"

d) 2D FLATTY McFLATFACE FLATSO FLUGLY vs 3D Skeuomorphic. who WANTS the FLAT ??? And don't EVEN get me started on end-user customization...

e) the "start thing" - so full of CRAPP that's HARD to GET RID OF (CRAPP keeps re-installing itself)

f) Adware, spyware, Cortana

g) "The Store" in general

h) "Microsoft Login" aka "spy on you at work as well as at home" and uniquely identifying you WHEREVER YOU ARE ON THE WEB. Oh yeah. didn't you know?

i) why must _I_ change to MICRO-SHIT's NEW (read: inferior) WAY of doing things? I liked it better BEFORE

j) why is my hard drive light blinking whenever the system is idle? WHAT the HELL is it DOING? And don't get me started on how much POWER (and/or bandwidth) all that is wasting...

and so on. yeah, they missed THAT bit of info, didn't they?

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon