Reply to post: Re: Power Demand

Electric vehicles won't help UK meet emissions targets: Time to get out and walk, warn MPs

John Brown (no body) Silver badge

Re: Power Demand

"They wouldn't need to? With the modern generation of long range EVs they would only need to plug in, on average, twice a month."

Eh, what? You were talking about 200+ mile range and 20 mile daily commutes earlier. Bearing in mind that 200+ miles is a manufactures best possible figure, real world will be lower, but the UK average commute is quite a bit more than 20 miles per day.

I get that you are an EV evangelist, but please try looking at the real world instead of your own personal situation. Everyone is different and have different needs. No EV on the market, not even a Tesla is useful for me in my current job. Just over the last two weeks, I've done 3 days of 360+ miles, 3 days of 300+ miles, the shortest trip being 110 miles (all round trips). I don't fit your specs. Lots of us don't. And my boss is NOT going to splash out on a high end Tesla for me and he doesn't pay me enough to buy my own. When we had the hot weather last month, I was stuck in 32C heat for an hour on the motorway. I wonder how much the aircon sucks out the battery range?

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon