Reply to post: Re: The secret to security is to make your neighbour a more attractive target

My MacBook Woe: I got up close and personal with city's snatch'n'dash crooks (aka some bastard stole my laptop)

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

Re: The secret to security is to make your neighbour a more attractive target

Opel yes, but Vauxhall, no

I'm not quite sure what the story is (feel free to Google it :) ), but Vauxhall is in the UK what Opel is everywhere else. Models are the same, just the branding and naming is changed in the UK.

I had to get used to that too when I got to the UK.

As it so happens, my first time driving in a right-hand steering car was in a Vauxhall, about a year after I had arrived. I took along my left-side steering car from the continent so that I only had one thing to relearn at the time instead of two, but then I was asked to drive this UK right-hand drive Vauxhall ..

.. with two colleagues in the back ..

.. at 17:00 going into London via Marylebone flyover ..

.. which was my boss' car.

At least I managed to only surrepticiously grab into the door pockets the first few times changing gear :).

That was some decades ago - now I'm so use to driving on either side of the road with cars steering on either side that it only takes me a few minutes of paying attention before my brain fully tunes in and I can stop thinking about it.

Anyway, I digressed :).

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon