Reply to post: Re: Coffee shops?

My MacBook Woe: I got up close and personal with city's snatch'n'dash crooks (aka some bastard stole my laptop)

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

Re: Coffee shops?

"1. You probably live in a house you bought 100 years ago for the equivalent of an avocado smoothie, and brag about 'how much I have made' on your unearned capital gains, while millennial's are paying 70% of their income to rent a window-less broom cupboard in one of your buy-to-lets while struggling to juggle their less than minimum wage freelance gigs"

That's a truly asinine comment.

You know nothing about me. I rent a one-bed flat, I have no capital gains to brag about, I don't own a buy-to-let and if I did I certainly wouldn't rent it out to some millennial freelance gigger with no job security and an attitude like yours. And I work from home, from which (touch wood) nothing has been stolen (yet).

And guess what? I'm a freelance writer, and never once have I felt the need to squat in a Starbucks for the free wifi simply to boost their profits and to make them look so 'busy' that other freeloading wifi leeches might come in and 'work' through an occasional Double Chocolaty Chip Crème Frappuccino.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon