Reply to post: Lenovo X250 Owner Report

Lenovo ThinkPad X390: A trusty workhorse that means business but it's not without a few flaws

JibberX

Lenovo X250 Owner Report

Bought an X250 (new, back in the day) thinking of IBM levels of reinforced concrete, instead I got a flaccid plastic bag with some components inside.

Keys around the nipple were broken on arrival, so not great pre sales checking... WARRANTY

X250 returned using UPS who are systematically worst package company I've ever dealt with in my life over the years, no option to use another courier.

X250 arrived back, internal battery not plugged in.

Day to day use, the laptop screen was being eaten by the palm rest, the chafing on itself in a laptop bag leaves a nice groove on the screen... WARRANTY

The self eating continued after the replacement screen was fitted. I think it was designed for the glass touch screen not the plastic screen I opted for so...

Couldn't be bothered with warranty anymore, so I have a slight crap screen, and now it runs without too much incident.

Be nice to spend a grand on a machine that didn't eat itself.

Sadly Lenovo appear to be the last sturdy(ish) manufacturer after Sony and Tosh capitulated.

It was a toss up between an X250 and a Dell XPS13, I will never know which was the better option.

Pros and cons.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon