Reply to post: Re: Brexit bollocks

Science and engineering hit worst as Euroboffins do a little Brexit of their own from British universities

Dave 15

Re: Brexit bollocks

The issue of health insurance is interesting. The Germans already have private health insurance, the EU like to copy Germany so are likely to be already working on such instructions (after all it fits nicely with their competition narrative). The EU also want a trade deal with the USA, they are not above deciding to do one and perhaps in so doing leaving the EU health service open to USA competition. Once they do this (probably with UK civil servants approval because they are on back handers) it will be the EU that is to blame for it in the eyes of our politicians and media so once again our guys will be able to duck censure for it. IF bojo et al head down the route of selling out the nhs to the usa in a post brexit Britain they will be the ones doing the damage and likely destroying their electoral chances. If I read our power grabbing politicians right losing the next election will be so unpallateable that the nhs will remain safe if we are out. Might seem a bit odd for remainers but I think out the nhs is safer.

Before someone mentions chlorinated chicken, what you buy is up to you, but chicken washed in tap water isnt bad, and we drink chlorinated water, swim in it, bath (or shower) in it... I havent died of it yet though I am sure it would be possible if you crank the concentration high enough. On the other hand we have been subjected to German pork raised indoors in pens they cant turn around in and slaughtered by a knife in the guts and bleeding out on the concrete slatted pen they lived out their miserable battery farmed lives in full view of their neighbours who are about to receive the same knife. And the horrors of Polish and German raised beef and milk products extracted from cows kept in battery farms, frankly all of that is a whole lot less palatable. The EU also insist on animals being transported to slaughter houses instead of being swiftly disposed of in the field they lived in etc. as we used to do.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon