Reply to post: Re: Who knows

Trump continues on the warpath: Now US tariffs cover nearly everything arriving from China

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

Re: Who knows

I can't speak about Thailand, Indonesia, or Vietnam, but, if you think Taiwan is "under developed" you're even dumber than your post makes you appear. My wife is Taiwanese and I've spent a fair amount of time in her country. Yeah, they have their poor areas, but not any more so than Japan or Korea (which I have also spent time in). In fact their economy (while good) would be much better if China would stop threatening to invade them every six months or so.

Stop jerking around and think this through. China has a huge economy BECAUSE of American dollars. You dry that up, even with the American debt owed to them, and China becomes destitute. Hell, they can't even feed their own country. What are they going to do? Invade another country and take their resources? For all their bluster they have very minimal force projection capabilities. Do the numbers. They can't successfully invade and hold even tiny Taiwan. Are they going to throw a tantrum and nuke someone? Yeah? And then what? They'll have nothing left to use on their starving population when the those masses come for them. Think their military will stand in lock-step and defend the tyrants when they and their families are starving and said tyrants have plenty to eat? Imagine the French Revolution in China.

What they will do is buy more Congress-critters and mass media folks and continue the propaganda campaign that shifted into high gear during the Clinton regime and, as you've demonstrated, continues to this day. China is a paper tiger and that paper is American dollars. No dollars, no tiger.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon