Reply to post:

Cambridge Analytica didn't perform work for Leave.EU? Uh, not so fast, says whistleblower

Jellied Eel Silver badge

I think the country you are looking for is Kenya, where CA were involved in the Presidential Election campaign

Nope. I skimmed the Netflix doc again and it referred to this one-

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_National_Congress

In Trinidad and Tobago. Segment's pretty much exactly 1hr in and features Nix talking over a sales presentation found on Kaiser's laptop. Given it was in a sales presentation, that suggests it wasn't something CA was embarrassed about. In the 'scandal' following CA, the focus has mainly been on how CA worked with right-wing groups. The UNC isn't exactly one of those, but I guess the further left people's politics drift, the further right everyone else appears.

Nix makes some interesting comments for a CEO's sales pitch, but then perhaps that's a sign of his breeding. Good cavalry stock by way of Eton, and although comes across as a bit of an upper class fop, was no pansy who'd been resting on his laurels.

Kaiser's more curious to me. Was Democrat, then Republican. Was employed, now unemployed. Was an expert on data analytics, only now 'finds' (in)convenient data around one of her hot topics. Strange given she's also had support from lawyers, and others well versed in data mining and discovery. I'm sure it's purely co-incidental, and nothing at all with BoJo's new job and hardline approach to Brexit.

If I'd been a prospective CA customer though, I'd have really wanted to see some example profiles.. And oddly, those haven't appeared. Yet..

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon