Reply to post: Re: Huh?

Industry reps told the UK taxman everything wrong with extending IR35. What happened next will astound you


Re: Huh?

Good point... however, you can only pay voluntary NI payments to fill gaps in your own contributions that cover the previous 6 years ... so I still don't know of an arbitrary way to throw money at government accountants. Other than literally... of course.


You must be eligible to pay voluntary National Insurance contributions for the time that the contributions cover.

You can usually only pay for gaps in your National Insurance record from the past 6 years.

You can sometimes pay for gaps from more than 6 years ago depending on your age."

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

  • Enter your comment

  • Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon


Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2020