Reply to post: Someone got suckered into the bullshit

Phuck off, phishers! JPMorgan Chase crafts AI to sniff out malware menacing staff networks

steviebuk Silver badge

Someone got suckered into the bullshit

A company tried to sell us bullshit deep learning AI to protect not only our incoming and outgoing mail but also for internal AV. I listened and watched their videos and as always hated the bullshit marketing bollocks and sales pitch bullshit! Said no. They still sent their fucking server for us to "trial". Told them to pick it up. They said they'd send an engineer to set it up for us. Sorry, did do you not understand the words "Fucking not interested".

We were told it relies on patterns and has to sit there for a while as it learns. Fucking useless then isn't it. How do you define a pattern from someone sending out maybe one document a month. "Ooo, look they've now sent two this month, that's breaking their pattern, I'll quarantine it."

I get angry as I can't' stand marketing and sales pitch bullshit.

We're looking at another solution instead. Powerful, can be customised, can see a lot of under the hood stuff and best of all, there has been no sales pitch bullshit. It is real engineers who use it, selling it and being honest along with it.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon