Reply to post: Re: Dubious

UK cops blasted over 'disproportionate' slurp of years of data from crime victims' phones

LeahroyNake

Re: Dubious

It's not that hard, I will edit for you...

'Lets assume a case of actual rape with male attacker, female victim (so I don't need to pepper text with alleged & gender agnostic pronouns everywhere)

Any evidence of communications between rapist and victim would be available via attackers digital footprint so no need for victims data.

The main beneficiary would be rapist defence team as if victim phone data showed they used tinder etc, then you could bet the defence team would do a "they are a slut, asking for it" character besmirching attack - the sort of thing that deters lots of victims from going through with prosecution as, unless they have the lifestyle of a nun and are young, there's normally some degree of sexual history that a nasty defence can use (it takes tremendous courage for many victims to endure the character assassination that often occurs in rape trials)'

I changed male to they in your third paragraph and removed women from your last one. Two corrections. That's a lot less effort than writing your first quite obnoxious paragraph.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon