Reply to post: Re: Going metric

Brussels changes its mind AGAIN on .EU domains: Euro citizens in post-Brexit Britain can keep them after all

Dave559 Silver badge

Re: Going metric

Similarly for me for height and weight: I have always measured my height in cm, because that's what I was taught at school (and all that I was taught at school: they literally (and quite rightly) did not teach us anything about imperial measurements at all as they would be going away by the time we left school, uhhh, oops.), and my parents had the foresight not to contradict this (and also many childrenswear shops had height charts on the wall where you could measure your height in cm).

Like the previous poster, as a child, I gave my weight in stone (because it was written in Huge Numbers on the scales, whereas the kg figures were all but invisible), until I eventually realised, as a young adult: "I have literally no idea what these numbers are supposed to mean at all" (we weigh nothing else at all in stone, it's ridiculous), and so I also switched to measuring my weight in kilos, which are real numbers that I know the meaning of.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon