Reply to post:

British ISPs throw in the towel, give up sending out toothless copyright infringement warnings

steviebuk Silver badge

And with some DVDs that I have, being forced to watch the copyright notices even though I've paid for the fucking thing. Whereas someone who pirates it, doesn't have to watch said noticed.

Not that I condone piracy but they also don't help themselves with the likes of Netflix UK having a lot less content than the America version. Amazon Prime showing adverts now before the video, looking for old movies yet despite being over 20 years old still not available as part of the Prime deal, then finding the DVD is now hard to come by also (can't remember what that movie was now). NOWTV starting to force an advert before the show or movie, why? We pay for your fucking service to avoid fucking adverts!

Then you have the bollocks that is and soon to be was Ultraviolet. What a load of shit that was. i tried once to use it and had to sign up to about 3 other fucking services before getting the movie. I fucking gave up. Now appears they are shutting down the service on 31 July this year. So assume that means you'll no longer have access to them once shut down? You also couldn't move the movies to another device so pretty much shit.

They need to understand, even if its wrong, pirates sometimes give a better service. And not every download can be classed as a lost sale. A lot of people download just because its free and would never purchase said media if there wasn't an illegal free option.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon