Reply to post:

Tesla’s Autopilot losing track of devs crashing out of 'leccy car maker

Citizens untied

I appreciate your rebuttle. I didn't make my point well enough.

I am trying to say there is a difference between wedging an electric car concept into the current world view versus adapting an electric car to the current world.

I think Tesla was right to pursue the bulk of the main technologies in the way they did, to encourage adoption and demonstrate viability, and so on.

Tying electric vehicles to autonomous driving is a disservice to the benefits of electric vehicles. I think focusing on viable, inexpensive electric cars for the masses is more important the chasing autonomous vehicle technology.

Imagine what automobiles would have looked like if the oil companies overtly own car companies. Hummer H3 is the subcompact market leader...

As for their market leadership in drivetrain etc. I bet that will be past tense in less than 1 year. Too many competitors in the pipeline, especially at the high end. Measured against the corporate trend to capture the consumer, versus actually produce the best possible singular product, means, in my view, it will fall prey to the kind of constant fall short/big promise delays like MS - the market leader in tech vanity, has demonstrated for decades.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon