Reply to post: Long story......cops hate impersonators

Florida man pretending to be police pulls over real police, ends badly, claim cops

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

Long story......cops hate impersonators

To set the scene this story is set in the UK and a very long time ago.

I knew a guy who sold nothing more dangerous than weed or hash.

His apartment was above a shop so when you entered the front door there were stairs up to his space.

Someone leaving had deliberately left the front door open and soon there were guys pretending to be police officers with a handgun (later found to be a starting pistol) and a search warrant (later found to be stolen). They took all the money and drugs and promptly left the building! Apparently this gang had been targeting dealers but no-one had reported it. My "pal" was a man of principal, quite a philosopher and also a Buddhist so he rang the cops to complain. Well it turns out that the police hate anyone impersonating them so they gave my "pal" immunity and protection. I won't reveal the whole story but this snippet is funny. My "pal" became friendly with one of the detectives who would come around his house for a coffee. My "pal" had told him that "Any day that you want to bust me I will have some hash here". So over coffee $name opens his tobacco tin to roll a cigarette but inside is also a lump of hash. The detective says "$name, could you please put the lid back on your tin". LOL

Anon for obvious reasons

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon