Reply to post: Re: Why didn't I like the Model 3?

Got an 'old' Tesla? Musk promises 'self-driving' upgrade chip ship by end of 2019

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

Re: Why didn't I like the Model 3?

The Minimalism of the interior. There is nothing but the screen that looks like it was an eleventh hour add on rather than integrated like on the Model S.

Almost everything is done via the screen. To me that is a huge distraction.

As an EV it is ok. It does not go around corners anywhere near as well as my I-Pace. You slide about on the seats.

Finally, the opening to the boot is tiny and... well after years of Hatchbacks and estates I found it a backward step. Why they could not have engineered the Model Y earlier and have it available now, I don't know. Not everyone wants to go back to a saloon/sedan shape.

IT is clearly built down to a price. It is described as a luxury car in the USA. It isn't.

I drove it for almost 1000 miles so I had a good chance to try everything out. I found it very nannying. Nowhere near as much fun to drive as my Jag.

I sceptical about not well the Robotaxi concept will work in the UK. Clearly, a lot of Californains/Musk disciples think it is the greatest thing that could ever happen. I don't. As you say, there are lots of pitfalls and liability issues that need to be worked out. that will take years despite what Musk is promising.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon