Reply to post: Re: This article should be titled: How Apple lost a stupid customer! But, didn’t...

Stop using that MacBook Pro RIGHT NOW, says Uncle Sam: Loyalists suffer burns, smoke inhalation and worse – those crappy keyboards

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

Re: This article should be titled: How Apple lost a stupid customer! But, didn’t...

A business that sells and supports machines for critical business work would be set up to turn around these repairs quickly (or provide instant loans etc) - because they could be sued for causing loss of sales.

You'd be laughed out of court if you took a company to court for being a bit tardy with repairs (for one thing, the loss experienced would have paid for another machine after about a day or so, and it's not the supplier's problem you didn't buy two if it was that critical - Apple or not), but aside from that, with respect, you appear to have never had a few machines in repair.

Even if, then at most locally, but not for a business spanning a few cities or even countries. It's clear you don't like Apple, but IBM came closest with its Thinkpads for a similar global coverage and that costed a lot of money. With Apple it's kind of how they are set up.

Apple's benefit isn't just good usability, decent hardware and a slightly more robust OS, it's also the framework around it. I know it's much easier to hate than to actually think, but I also work with private banks and trust me, not only do they look at the numbers, they also know how to check them.

If that equation changed for any reason, they would ditch Apple in a heartbeat. So far, they have not.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon