Reply to post: Re: Not having a 'Plan B' is madness

Stop using that MacBook Pro RIGHT NOW, says Uncle Sam: Loyalists suffer burns, smoke inhalation and worse – those crappy keyboards

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

Re: Not having a 'Plan B' is madness

Irrelevant.

(1) Only becomes an issue when Apple decides to make a business variant of the MacBook which is exclusively sold to business, otherwise it remains a consumer good. It's the sales class that applies, not who buys it.

(2) Even then, Apple would have a reputation problem which it apparently already is moving towards, and we know it's sensitive to that because it costs them money. Remember the iPhone 6 battery problem?

As for not having a spare, give the guy a break. If you're just starting in your business, having a spare is expensive, good backups are cheaper. I'm heading towards a point where I have two, but that's because I need to isolate information for security reasons, not because I like to have a machine idle in a drawer. I rather make sure I have the reserves to go into a shop when I need a replacement - the benefit of Apple is that it's very reasy to restore a backup on a new machine, assuming you make one.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon