Reply to post: Don't go back to Windows!

Stop using that MacBook Pro RIGHT NOW, says Uncle Sam: Loyalists suffer burns, smoke inhalation and worse – those crappy keyboards

Henry Wertz 1 Gold badge

Don't go back to Windows!

'"It has kind of become a matter of principle now," Bridges said. "I accept I have bought into the Apple ecosystem. I love the products, I love the OS, I could not imagine going back to Windows, but that is the direction this is pushing me in."'

Or, go back to using a PC (or Chromebook) and just keep Windows the hell off it. I've had a pleasant time computing for years buying cheap cheap PCs and throwing Linux onto them (my last notebook computer cost $60 used, due to seller somehow missing the Win10 upgrade time period and not wanting to be stuck with Windows 8). You may well want to spend for a nice and thin brand new machine, but still you'll be able to get two for less than you spent for one of your machines. Ubuntu + "gnome flashback" is quite nice (so is Linux Mint.) I'm no zealot here -- if you're running Adobe suite or some video editing suite or the like -- sorry, don't know if they run in Wine and I won't presume to suggest some bunch of open source programs are an equivalent, you may be stuck with Windows or Mac then.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon