Reply to post: Galaxy Note7 anyone?

Stop using that MacBook Pro RIGHT NOW, says Uncle Sam: Loyalists suffer burns, smoke inhalation and worse – those crappy keyboards

macjules
Gimp

Galaxy Note7 anyone?

Perhaps all MacBook Pro laptops should now be banned from air travel, given the somewhat precarious nature of the battery.

I bought an older model 15" MBP in 2016 so I should probably get it checked over yet again - it has already been back once under warranty for an issue with the screen. I also have a 15" MBP bought this year for yet another extortionate sum, which still has the keyboard problem because I just can not be arsed to take it to Apple since I am using it on a daily basis, so I have the much nicer external Apple "Magic" Keyboard to accompany it. I believe it is called "Magic" because £129 miraculously disappears from your credit card when you buy one.

Now, having looked at this link I see that I also have to take in both my wife's and my children's laptops as well, since their 2016/2017 13" MBP screens need replacement. Oh, and it turns out that some of those 13" MBP laptops ALSO have to have their battery changed as well.

And it started out such a lovely Saturday ...

* Fanboi icon since I still am a fan of the fruity company, and have been since I got my first Apple in 1980, but even I must admit that this is pushing it too far.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon