Reply to post: Re: Get some perspective

It's now officially the WhackBook Pro: If the keyboards weren't bad enough, now MacBook Pro batts are a fire risk

Da Weezil

Re: Get some perspective

"Safety and longevity don't get a look in."

May be the case now, but then I look at my partners 15" Macbook Pro from..... 2008. OK it has has a new HDD, a fan and a dvd drive over its 11 years, but even stuck in time as it is on El Capitan - it soldiers on battle scarred from many travels, and last month we finally treated it to a new battery - admittedly as pattern part as the Apple part is long since obsolete. It has demonstrated the sort of build quality we expected from it.

Cant claim that amount of longevity from anything Samsung I ever owned The smart TV blew its motherboard at only 13 months, the galaxy S3 LTE dropped its USB socket at 15 months , and being told by Samsung support that this would be classed as damage because i had clearly been charging it too often was enough to ensure that in future, I spend Nothing on anything with the Samsung badge, Cleasrl;y they only build ornamental stuff - I wanted a smartphone I could use daily.

My iPhone 6+ has lived through my 4 years in an industrial unit where I was daily crawling around machinery with it in my pocket and has been flawless, and remains so snug in its Survivor case, I'm not interested in the new phones, they lack what I want, and I have no interest in thinnner/shiney, I buy kit that lasts, sadly I'm not sure where I go from here, except that it WONT be any of the current favourites, I guess I will see how long the 6+ lasts!

Personally I think Apple have lost thier way under Cook.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon