Reply to post: Re: 10 minutes, not a second more...

Having bank problems? I feel bad for you son: I've got 25 million problems, but a bulk upload ain't one

oldgreyguy

Re: 10 minutes, not a second more...

ahh yes, I have a huge screwdriver with a bit of foreign metal fused forever on its tip.

in the 60's, living in the south (north carolina), my wife and I scraped and saved up to buy a window air conditioning unit.

The day arrived... we went to Sears, laid down our hard earned cash, rushed back to the apartment. After getting the unit secured in the window frame, looked down and saw that the wall outlet was different. I went down to the basement, unscrewed the fuse for that circuit, went to the hardware store and returned with the proper outlet. down on my hands and knees, removed the cover plate, popped the first wire off, went for the second one... Blinding flash, very loud pop... I am now sitting on my ass two feet away, with my rather large screwdriver welded to the socket.

Wife comes in and asks "Did you turn the power off just now?"

Moral: take little round fuse with you, til you are ready.

yep, still use the screwdriver, could clean up the spot weld I suppose, but it is a reminder of "bad things happen"

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon