Reply to post: Anon Cow

Tech jocks tell Trump: Tariff tiff with China will not achieve what you think it will achieve

Sanguma

Anon Cow

Let's start by getting a little thing off my chest - "the two worsted periods of growth " Your company makes knitting needles? Knitting machines? Suchlike?

Now I've got that off my chest ... nothing you've said alters the fact that US citizens will be paying higher prices for US-branded consumer electronics under Trump's Tariffs. So much for Small Government - higher taxes means bigger government, but I'm betting the infrastructure still won't get fixed, and importers will get sick of roads and the like being not fit for purpose to get products to their US markets. It'll happen in your lifetime.

And when talking about China and Intellectual Property Rights, please do so remembering that China once held the monopoly on silk, until some enterprising Westerner stole some silk caterpillars way back when. Likewise China once was the sole source of the fine earthenware known variously as porcelain or fine china, until that IP also got lifted following the Opium Wars. Everybody does it; it's just that having lived also through the various doofuses in the Hot Seat in the White House, I'm by now mighty sick of US sacrosanctimiousness.

And having had to listen to Republican birther conspirationalists, I am now wondering if Hawaii is in fact a state of the US of A, or if that is just another of these Fake News thingees a certain someone keeps rabbitting on about. So much for Republican values.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon