Reply to post:

Those darn users don't know what they're doing (not like us, of course)

jelabarre59

That's a perfectly reasonable complaint. I just spent most of a month beating a new smartphone into submission in an effort to make it work the same way as my old one.

Sometimes that's just not possible. Such as some big-name cellphone maker (hello, Moto...) that in their earlier units had a perfectly functional voice-dialing utility, with when connected to your bluetooth headset would allow you to call anyone in your phonebook with a simple "call <Name> at <Home|Work|Mobile>". But ***NOW*** they've decided to remove that completely functional, self-contained and OFFLINE utility with some hack-me/spy-on-me set of apps from Google. All of which demand you have mobile data always-on and always sucking down your mobile data allotment. And they have the gall to call it an "improvement". Yeah, it worked as it was before, and with time to evolve the tech and better processing power, you sould make that OFFLINE tool even better. Or at worst case just leave it where it is and don't fuck with it, since it was working fine before.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon