Reply to post: Re: Can someone explain...

Oblivious 'influencers' work on 3.6-roentgen tans in Chernobyl after realising TV show based on real nuclear TITSUP

I ain't Spartacus Gold badge

Re: Can someone explain...

Interestingly a new person has joined our company. I approved of her highly on day one, as she told me taht she hated Facebook and all its works, and had given up her account - because it was all about making people miserable.

But then on day 2, I was sad, as she told me about this famous (not to me though) Instagrammer she follows. I think she's a wellbeing blogger. Which seems to involve lots of stuff about how great her life is and how shit yours is. And everything you like is awful. One morning's post was something like bacon is as addictive as crack. And there's all sorts of cod-science claims on there, like reboiling the water in a kettle is bad for you. And bacon is bad for you. Lies! Lies, I tell you! But the usual crap about if you feel you're getting a cold take echinacia and that'll cure you and diet fads and the like. All terribly depressing.

One friend told me confidently that my sources were rubbish, when I was pointing out to her the dangers of not taking the MMR vaccine. My go-to source on measles symptoms being the Centres for Disease Control in Atlanta - given I wanted to Google a credible source to give actual stats, without having to do much checking. Fuck me! Her source was less credible than the Daily Mail! That fucker Wakefield has a lot to answer for! As do the wankers in the press who went along with him for so long.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon