Reply to post: It has value for me

Nope, we're stuffed, shrieks Apple channel as iPhone shipments enter a double-digit spiral

AndyMulhearn

It has value for me

It's interesting how different people see things differently:

Notch: doesn't bother me at all. I thought it might but it doesn't.

Headphone jack. I've used bluetooth headphones for close to a year now and would hate to go back so don't miss it. And nor do I miss getting tangled up on overly long headphone cables or yanking earbuds out of my ear when I stand up.

Home button: Nope, not missed at all. Face recognition works pretty much 100% of the time for me so I don't miss it for unlock. And I don't miss the home function either, swipe up works perfectly well. Oh and double tap the screen and it wakes up, looks for your face and unlocks.

Face unlock also works well if you, like me, you have the phone on a slanted stand (charger) close enough that you can look at it and be recognised. New email arrives, my phone pings, I look at it and it unlocks and shows me the preview of the message. I look away and the phone locks. Close enough is about a foot.

Cost: I have an XR which cost me £799 because I went for 128GB of storage. but it can be had for £749, I traded a Galaxy S7 Edge in and got £100 for that which reduced the price further, Not £1000 in all cases.

I'd rather it was £20 instead of £799 but thems the breaks...

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon