Reply to post: Re: The 39 Steps

Zorin OS 15 nods at Ubuntu and welcomes Windows escapees

Inkey

Re: The 39 Steps

I used Linux for almost a year without realising on a 1/4 million £ printer (grand format Durst) the ripps were a custom disro too(Caldera)... Its what got me into using Linux as a daily and back into computing.

Recently got ropped in to installing a new printer for my other half's customer, I assumed they had borked the old one from using 3rd party inks, as I was told they needed to print from an iPad and the outgoing machine was perfectly capable of doing so. The longest part ot the iPad set up was getting the gent to reset his apple id password... The laptop a Win10 item took well over 6 hours and 2 visits to get there, admittedly it needed to be updated and there's a bit of the old printers bloat that is or isn't still in there I can't tell, also I don't know how to make it print in office 360 without disabling the popup blocker.

I just hooked up said old printer(3year old cannon somthing) in to mint19 and honestly it took longer to find the port on the printer and where the paper went in, than for the drivers to install and ask if I would like to print a test page. 2 clicks, 3 if I'd chosen the CUPS driver.(clicked OK for the model of printer it highlighted) and it prints OK.... So I'm having a difficult time with the 39 steps, have I done it wrong?...

What's with all the Linux bashing? Driver issues are more vendor issue than a os/distro issue

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon