Reply to post: Solder fume high

Dedicated techie risks life and limb to locate office conference phone hiding under newspaper

MachDiamond Silver badge

Solder fume high

I made some errors on a big audio snake (analog) that I wired up for a company I did work for. A colleague picked it up from my house on his way to the shop where they were loading up a truck to go out and do a concert. They did an audio test of all of the channels and it was something like 3-4 lines that had an issue. Get the shield wire on the wrong pin and it ohms out fine, but hums or picks up noise. The crew chief calls up and dumps all over me for not doing a perfect job and they need everything to work properly and shout, shout, shout. "Kevin, I can jump in the car and haul ass out there with my tool kit and sort out the problems in about 40 minutes"... shout shout shout. "Kevin? do you want me to come out and fix the wiring?" Shout whinge shout complain threaten. "Kevin, I'm hanging up now and coming out. Note which channels are a problem and I'll fix it. Be there in 40 minutes." Shout shout, 'click', vroom.

Some people just want to be arseholes rather than problem solvers.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon