Reply to post: Re: Trapped

It's 2019 and a WhatsApp call can hack a phone: Zero-day exploit infects mobes with spyware

anoco

Re: Trapped

(*The following is a non sarcastic comment.*)

I understand why you feel trapped, even though I don't use whatsapp or have facebook on my phone. There's a study out about facebook and peer pressure and it doesn't look good.

But so that you know, from someone that has crossed that river a few decades ago, it is OK not to do the same thing that everybody else does. In other words, its' ok to be weird. Not too weird, but just different than everybody else. As matter of fact, different people are more interesting, again, just not TOO different.

My kids, grandkids, nephews and nieces think I'm weird for not using an iphone, whatsapp, or even banking and facebook on my phone. Even though I taught them all how to use a computer. But time and time again I feel good for not being influenced by my "peer" pressure. It's a crazy world today and very difficult to navigate. Choice is being eroded by all sides and you have to be very confident on your decision making to resist the pressure. (*insert a grandad's joke here*)

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon