Reply to post: I'm happy with my Photographer's Creative Package

Upgrade refuseniks, beware: Adobe snips away legacy versions of its Creative Cloud apps

FuzzyWuzzys
Happy

I'm happy with my Photographer's Creative Package

As an hobbyist photographer I get Lightroom and Photoshop for £8/month from the Photographer's package, for that you get to run the apps on 2 machines simultaneously no matter what platform. I used to rip it off and it was hard work keeping up with cracks and patches. I considered buying it and even buying and older version off eBay but it was just easier to cough up the monthly payment. £100/year for a product that used to cost £700 is not bad and I get regular updates and bleeding edge features if I want to try them. I can run it on 2 machines simultaneously irrespective of the platform. My wife uses my second copy on her Mac when we're home and then when we go away I just move a license over to the Mac laptop for editing "on the road". No it's doesn't connect constantly, that's FUD spread by prats, it checks minimum once a month.

No I'm not an Adobe shill, I'm just too old to fanny about with rip-offs, cracks and buying old versions that won't work on the last O/S's. I want to have good tools for editing my shots as good shots mean I can earn some reasonable pocket money off Getty and print sales. Of course the second Affinity is on Windows and supports the DxO ( NIK) plugins, I'm swapping! Ha ha!

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon