Reply to post: Re: Chinese law

Gather round, friends. Listen close. It's time to list the five biggest lies about 5G

JimBlueMK

Re: Chinese law

The issue is not the Huawei is necessarily spying for the state, but that the State can utilise the information it gets from Huawei to spy for itself. As the article points out the US spied on telephone systems in the US and overseas. It didn't get AT&T or other companies to do it, the NSA simply built the tools to do it. We only find out because of Snowden and I am sure that one day the Chinese equivalnet will appear to do the same for Chinese intelligence.

I do not trust the Chinese state in the same way as I trust no government anywhere to protect my privacy. I am old enough to remember BT installing third party software to monitor my web browsing in the early days of broadband, the general rifling and sharing of information between the police and the construction industry to create blacklists and host of other privacy breaking initiatives.

If you think China is an innocent, ask yourself why it feels the need to have foreign companies "share" their intellectual property if they want to do business in China?

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon