Reply to post:

Is that a stiffy disk in your drive... or something else entirely?

Dave314159ggggdffsdds Silver badge

I worked somewhere the boss was a salesman. He had a thing about taking support calls from random idiots who found our support line on Google, and trying to sell them one off support. (Main business was outsourced support for large corporate contracts.)

One Friday a bit before pub time, he came in and asked us all why we weren't doing much of his pet idea, and we all explained it wasn't worth the effort dealing with people who had self-selected as a special kind of idiot. He scoffed, just then a random called and he jumped to take the phone. Within a couple of minutes he was done - he was a good salesman, at least - and said "look how easy that was, she's just around the corner and her printer won't feed the paper; I told her twenty quid cash, and I'll be in the pub before you lot."

Three pints later, he walks through the door of the pub carrying a printer and swearing. Couldn't work out why tf it was always picking up two sheets together and then mangling them. We emptied the paper tray to have a look at the feed, and having had a few pints I managed to knock the stack on the floor. I swore, but not as much as the boss when some of the pages fluttering to the floor unfolded, and he discovered the a4 tray had been filled with sheets of A3 which had been very neatly folded in half.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon