Reply to post: Re: 144 trillion operations per second

Tesla touts totally safe, not at all worrying self-driving cars – this time using custom chips

CheesyTheClown

Re: 144 trillion operations per second

I'd love to see something that would back your statement up.

To be honest, I'm just moving past basic theoretical understanding of neural networks and moving into application. I've been very interested in reducing transform complexity and therefore reducing the number of operations per second for a given "AI" operation. Think of me as the guy who would spend 2 months hand coding and optimizing assembler back in the 90's to draw a few pixels faster. (I did that too)

I don't entirely agree from my current understanding with the blanket statement that it wouldn't need that much. I believe at the moment that there are other bottlenecks to solve first, but at least in my experience processing convolutional networks in real time from multiple high resolution sources at multiple frequency ranges could probably use all 144 trillion operations and then some.

Do you have something that would back up your statement... I'd love to see for better understanding of the topic.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon