Reply to post: Re: Not quite relevant, but might share anyhow

Take your pick: 0/1/* ... but beware – your click could tank an entire edition of a century-old newspaper

Waseem Alkurdi

Re: Not quite relevant, but might share anyhow

@404

Dongles? I abhor these. And tablet/phone processors ... no sir, my tablet/laptop (HP EliteBook Revolve 810) has a proper Haswell Core i5, 2x USB 3.(something), DisplayPort, Kensington lock (if that counts), barrel charger, dock connector, and most importantly, headphone jack.

And of course, Linux + Windows + Hackintosh + Android-x86 + (whatever legacy x86 or x86_64 I ever wish) ... impossible to do on a run-of-the-mill ARM device, yet important if one is doing serious stuff on them (I run hobby VMs under QEMU/KVM and the like).

The only terrible part is the battery ... wish it lasts longer. It gives ~ 3 hours without Wi-Fi and maybe ~2 with it, although it's a Li-ion. It's definitely not enough when your whole Internet life is on that thing ...

I Googled the weight of the CF-C2 (as it's a touchscreen convertible, the particular form factor I need) 3.7 lbs (1.6 kg). Actually, that's impressive, seeing that my current laptop is 1.3 kg, a 300g won't break my arms!

It's a great weapon, but border cops won't like the sight of it if traveling par avion ... especially if one gives it a startup chime that sounds like a buzzer!

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon