Reply to post: To be honest...

Is Google's new cloud gaming service scalable? Yes but it may not be affordable, warns edge-computing CEO

Aristotles slow and dimwitted horse

To be honest...

So... I don't play online so I'd rather just keep my own local processing unit (i.e. my Playstation or PC) and buy the game on a disc from a store. That way at least I can still play it in 2, 5 or 10 years time should I choose i.e. long after the service providers decide that it is uneconomically viable for them to support it anymore.

And please don't tell me that downloading is cheaper? For whom I wonder? The great promise of the PS store was that downloading games would reduce costs due to not having to produce it on disk and shipping etc. But guess what... that hasn't happened at all. If anything, they are more expensive, for longer.

I'm probably in the minority here, but similar to movies... the day I am forced to stream AAA games, or to have my "paid for" content available only at the behest of a corporate is unhappily the day that gaming as a form of entertainment no longer gets my ££££'s.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon