Reply to post: Soon-to-be-defunct operating system?

BT Tower broadcasts error message to the nation as Windows displays admin's shame

Anonymous Coward
Linux

Soon-to-be-defunct operating system?

"Choose operating system to start or press TAB to select a tool: (Use arrow keys to highlight your choice and then press ENTER)."

I figure it was running a version of windows that booted over PXE and lost contact with the server. Something that shouldn't happen to a networking company. Not a good advert for the British Telegraph company.

BT is running a soon-to-be-defunct operating system for its display isn't particularly worrying.“

Of course no one in their right mind would run vital infrastructure under any version of Windows. I doubt if it would make any difference what version of Windows. Replacing the defunct Windows Vista that replaced the the defunct Windows XP that replaced the defunct Windows 2000 that replaced the defunct Windows NT (that wasn't designed with the Internet in mind) isn't going to make much of a difference.

"A technical issue caused the infoband on the BT Tower to display an error message which has now been fixed"

Yes, the other day, I went to the doctor who told me I had an illness that needed fixing with medicine.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon