Reply to post: Re: @Mr Sceptical @VikiAi Don't travel to the US.

Ex-Mozilla CTO: US border cops demanded I unlock my phone, laptop at SF airport – and I'm an American citizen

Kiwi
Holmes

Re: @Mr Sceptical @VikiAi Don't travel to the US.

So what magical government source does he pull information about past employment of Joe Random Citizen from, with zero notice.

Before the plane leaves the terminal, the other end (especially places like the USA) already knows who is on the plane.

In most cases, the tickets have been booked some time in advance, so at the time of booking there is a good chance TPTB know your itenary where international flights are involved.

He had to get entry/exit visas for the country/ies he was visiting, and being somewhere in Europe...

Being he's a non-natural US citizen, perhaps (I don't know) he has some extra requirements around leaving the country?

There is no "zero notice" when you travel internationally (well, when it involves air travel of some duration, driving up to a border post is another matter - we Kiwi's don't get to do that very often :) ). Your tickets are booked in advance, you have to apply for visas and have to notify when you expect to leave - your plans are known well in advance.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon