Reply to post: 737 Max Killer?

We don't know whether 737 Max MCAS update is coming or Boeing: Anti-stall safety fix delayed

British Flyer

737 Max Killer?

I have flown on Boeing planes for decades and never worried about safety. I think the 737 MAX is a game changer and for that reason i will never fly on one software fix or not.

The 737 is a 1960s design which has been updated numerous times and there becomes a time when you cannot do it anymore. Is the 737 MAX at that stage or even slightly above it?

I worked for British Midland when a 737 400 crashed. It was a new design and the crew became over wealmed in an emergency and shut the wrong engine down.

As planes grow more complex the issue of crew overload becomes more of a threat in an emergency. Add to this airlines who use inexperienced First Officers to.save money. The stage is set for disaster.

A way to mitigate this is by training, especially in the simulator. PROBLEM : the 737 MAX only needs a couple of hours on an ipad, saves loads of $$$$$. Cost lives?

Boeing should be forced to include significant groundschool and simulator time in training and pick up the bill. There should also be a minimum number of hours to be a First Officer without a supervisor in the jump seat.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon