Reply to post: Re: What your smart meter can do

Bit nippy, is it? Hive smart home users find themselves tweaking thermostat BY HAND

DuncanLarge Silver badge

Re: What your smart meter can do

"A mouse click removes power until demands are met"

Unless the household has a basic line-powered land line phone I wonder how they will contact the supplier to argue.

Their mobile devices will die after a day or so of having no charge. Their wifi is dead. DECT cordless phones are dead.

Hmm the payphone at the end of the road is dead/turned into something else. Working payphones are all the way in the town centre.

Neighbors still haven't started talking to you after your cat shat in their garden and you both ended up having heated words, no chance of using their phones then.

My god, cutting off power these days would really be an effective way to force people to do what they are told, even if you are a supplier miss-selling things, overcharging etc.

I have a nice big tall prickly Yucca plant standing like a sentinel right in front of my outdoor meter. They will have to contend with that should they try and install a smart meter. I work in IT and there is no way in hell I'm having a smart anything controlling something that critical.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon