Reply to post:

Only one Huawei? We pitted the P30 Pro against Samsung and Apple's best – and this is what we found

CountCadaver Silver badge

Double AAs....how quaint

I left those behind when I realised any serious use of flash left you waiting and waiting for the flash to recharge (Canon A710IS), it also devoured batteries at an alarming rate (whether decent alkalines or NiMH rechargeables)

Moved to a panasonic compact with Li-ion rechargeables (slight issue to start with due to chipped batteries, however compatible makers caught up and now I have several generics), however for most of my recent photography (dog, day trip photos) my S7 covers those bases well enough for my needs and lasts for several hours of use and photo shooting (I've easily shot 600-700 photos and still had plenty of phone battery left)

Any need for really good photos and I dig out the EOS 350D, which despite being long in the tooth takes very nice photos courtesy of its image sensor (to the degree its residual value is as much or more than some of its successors, despite it not taking video)

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon