Reply to post: Re: "Voicing their opinions" and other fairy stories

Googlers, eggheads urge web giant's bosses to kick top conservative off its AI ethics council

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

Re: "Voicing their opinions" and other fairy stories

"I also am worried about this bizarre use of the word fascist to describe dissenting opinion. Fascism is all about totalitarian control."

An Oligarchy is little different than a Fascist state. Have you been watching Trump and his use of rhetoric to stir up his base. Please, read about how Mussolini and Hitler stirred up their base support. I believe many of Trump's supporters would those you've characterized as, "the poor, thick people."

"The irony of many of these feminist shout mongers calling others fascists for having views that they find offensive is quite astonishing."

I guess it depends on your opinion of "Black Lives Matter" versus "All Lives Matter". The first was started in response to excessive police brutality. The second was started in response to and to defuse the useful effect of the first. We all know that all lives matter, but it certainly and reasonably appeared to the black community and many others that as per police actions that black lives didn't/don't matter. The police weren't/aren't killing white people or people of other ethnicities at anywhere near the rate of black people. So, the feminist shout mongers...are they, perhaps, trying to raise important issues that are being ignored?

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon