Reply to post: This has been going on since 1998...

FBI boss: Never mind Russia and social media, China ransacks US biz for blueprints, secrets at 'surprisingly' huge scale

DerekCurrie
Devil

This has been going on since 1998...

... The year the President Clinton gave China 'Most Favored Nation' status, the year China formed The Red Hacker Alliance so they could hack the world for both government secrets AND intellectual property.

So let's get all touchy about criticizing Huawei and stopping them from selling us all back-doored 5G hardware. I don't think so.

So why does China: Criminal Nation have to rip off IP around the world? It's because the nature of Marxism, Maoism, Communism is to wreck personal incentive. If everything belongs to everyone, why care about inventing anything? And nobody does. Therefore, typical of totalitarian states, they have to steal it in order to keep up with the rest of the world. But can they forge ahead beyond the rest of the world? NO. And after the rest of the world gets sick of being ripped off and gives up on making anything new because they know its only going to get ripped off, the result is:

Worldwide STAGNATION.

That's why China is a Criminal Nation and it is entirely smart to stop feeding it our $money$.

As for the citizens of China: Overthrow your lunatic government and get back to inventing things again, instead of ripping off everyone else. I do my best to buy inventive gear from China! And I'll continue to do so.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR WEEKLY TECH NEWSLETTER

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2021