Reply to post:

HP crashed Autonomy because US tech titan's top brass 'lost their nerve', says lawyer for ex-CEO Mike Lynch

gbshore

HP and The Meg didn’t believe in Leo’s vision of transforming HP into a Software focused business. Leo was a Software guy and his vision was that a hardware business, especially what HP manufactured, was a VERY low margin business and could not grow at scale. Core HP folks, some Board members and die hards thought it blasphemy to make such a huge pivot from HPs historical roots. So, they forced Leo out and came up with this BS scheme. Does ANYONE with half a brain think that a huge company like HP and their auditors missed something like this??? It’s absurd to think that .... if you do, I have a bridge to sell you... BTW, I was there for all this.... I can confirm all the internal chatter and the directives on why to say to our customers and how to spin it..... it caused a huge pause on the part of my clients as they didn’t know what all this meant to them... it was HORRENDOUS... and The Meg was HORRIBLE thru it all... she came to NY several times and it wasn’t uncommon to hear her yelling at people including the dressing down of several of my peers... WORST EXECUTIVE EVER!!!

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon