Reply to post:

Brit Parliament online orifice overwhelmed by Brexit bashers

Jason Bloomberg Silver badge

Where were you on the 23 June 2016 and why were you not at the ballot box ?

I was at the ballot box, casting my vote to remain, wondering what would happen when those who voted to leave and adopt the Norway or Switzerland model, as Farage and other leave advocates had told them they could have, discovered that had been a lie, when claims that leaving the EU didn't mean having to leave the single market or customs union turned out to be another lie, and that those lies were simply intended to get them to vote leave when they would never have done so if they had realised the truth.

I never imagined though that Brexiteers would just outright lie and claim everyone who voted to leave had voted to leave with no deal, would claim they had all voted to leave and have WTO rules, or Brexiteers would be able to get away with that lie for three years, that we would seek brexit on that premise, or anyone would believe the lie that 'the will of the people' is nailed down and carved in stone at some past point in time.

Though I wish it was, since 'the will of the people' back in the 70s was to remain in the EU. It's funny how Brexiteers won't accept that. Only applies for June 23rd, 2016, apparently.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon