Reply to post: Re: Why share?

Click here to see the New Zealand livestream mass-murder vid! This is the internet Facebook, YouTube, Twitter built!

Kiwi

Re: Why share?

It's a disease of being human. These little cliques go off, get ignored, fester and metastasize in their own filth - and then when they erupt we all claim collective ignorance.

I did find it interesting that the Mayor of Christchurch and also one of two politicians have been claiming to be surprised and offended at the claims that there have been any issues in that city with "right-wing extremists" or any other groups who are excessively racist. I know from people I've had the misfortune of actually knowing that there are groups with very racist views down there (probably elsewhere as well).

Officially they've not existed, and it's apparently even offensive now to say they are, and so these groups can sit under the radar with less likelihood of other people being able to suggest they pull their heads in and get some education about what other people are like.

Only defense we have is to ensure they remain connected to the majority, nothing is hidden, and we can inoculate the majority early on.

Agreed. The more light gets cast into dark places, the less darkness remains.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon