Reply to post: What Register?!?

Click here to see the New Zealand livestream mass-murder vid! This is the internet Facebook, YouTube, Twitter built!

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

What Register?!?

Please, you just spun a mass murder into a psychological theory of social media influencing mass murders.

Every new decade someone tries to spin the reasoning of a psychopath into the latest platform. We've seen this with Charlie Manson and TV. Random people with Dungeons & Dragons. School shootings with video games. Now this?

True, as technology advances the exposure to the crime becomes more surreal (I can imagine VR/AR murders will come some day), but to put blame on the technology that delivered the post mortem is relative to the eye of the beholder.

If you work this article's theory backwards to find the common denominator, you first factor out social media, then cameras, and then guns. Then what you are left with is what you are left with every time, a psychopath. BUT, everything you just factored out is also a reason of motivation for senseless murder, if you are that psychopath. So are you?

I could say more, but I'm disappointed this article stands on the principle of see no evil, do no evil to spin an agenda against the latest goat without considering that it has somehow played a role in contradiction of its own monkey philosophy by showing evil. How could that help now.

If this article wasn't written to expose the popularity of a mass shooting would it of stopped another mass shooter? Nope, because you can't have a article about something that never happened. What does that say about see no evil? This article or controlling what you see at any place won't put evil back in the box.

Now to really piss some of you off, what if just 10% of those people in the church had guns? We can hopefully depend on your government to protect us from invasions of foreign countries, but who's responsibility is it to protect us from the randon pop up psycho? Or let me put this another way, should we just let the building burn because the fire department won't make it on time?

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon