Reply to post: I buy it...

We can do this the easy way or the Huawei, US tells Germany with threat to snip intel over 5G fears

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

I buy it...

Literally, as in the stuff the Chinese company makes. For a large UK consumer of telecoms equipment.

Very simple isn't it? Make sure you buy our overpriced tat, full of vulns, and assembled from stuff made by subcontractors in err...oh yeah...China. We'll just stick a nice Cisco logo on the front to convince you it's safe for you. Backdoors, no - nothing to see here (cough), move along.

Why does that happen? Because US manufacturers invest more in "supporting" friendly congressmen and senators whose ear and ample back pockets they have control of than they do on R&D. Which is why they are a generation adrift of the competition in features, functionality, reliability, energy consumption. And yes, security.

To be clear I buy the US stuff too. I know which my internal customers prefer for performance, reliability, customer support and price. And it ain't from over the pond. Both are equally capable of looking at you.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon